Monday, November 14, 2011

Flea Market Finds

I cruised past Vinnies a week or two ago and could not get a park, I always just keep driving and try again next time, lucky I did as the next day I spotted these Bentwood chairs that were apparently delivered on closing time the night before. I was about to purchase new Bentwood chairs in white but at $365 each I figured these $20 ones will do just fine. I wont need to get all stressed when the kids knock them over and scratch them as I know they will. Now, all I needed to do was find 4 more and give them a lick of white paint.


Then, my good friend and I happened across these beauties at this wonderful place. They had 6 for $400, I offered him $350 (plus their standard 20%) and walked out one happy chappy. Some new shots of my new dining room to come soon.


 This little wooden box wasn't a flea market find as such but I did find it in our shed. The kiwi in the family likes in on display even if it is in the bathroom. I teamed it with some glass jars found at oppys and garage sales.


These little vintage books were found in Wagga last school holidays. They are lovely and the kids love them.


Some retro canisters for the kitchen cupboard were found at a garage sale for $5. Loving those colours, a bit different to all the brights you usually see.


And some Fowler jars for $1 each....gotta love that. 


As always linking up with Sophie.


Have a happy start to the week everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Those oppie chairs were a fantastic find, and the second set are stunning! I look forward to seeing them all redecorated :)
    Love your other finds too and your bathroom display is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kiwi in me also loves that box, the cabinet it sits on is also gorgeous :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it ok to say tin bum on a blog ? I think I might go looking at Mitchell Road on the weekend? Thurs ? txt me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about you today and wondering how all your kitchen/painting progress is going. Love your finds, what a huge pile of greatness,can't wait to see your dining room and that snippet of bathroom is lovely. melx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those chairs are amazing! Fab Find!!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some amazing finds here. Love, mmmmm, absolutely everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my those chairs are amazing.
    I've found a couple of Fowlers jars lately too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Karlyn I am always on the hunt for fowler jars as I make candles in them, please pass on your good spots so I can hunt them down, they are so hard to find x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I think I have chair envy! Bentwoods are high on my list for my new old table but no luck so far...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic finds - I've been on the lookout for similar chairs, but no luck.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous chairs!! Love the timber box in the bathroom and what a cute cabinet it's sitting on x

    ReplyDelete