Sunday, March 27, 2011

Flea Market Finds

My lucky stars were shining down on me this week, I found so many great oppy buys, I'm still beaming from this little piece of wooden beauty. This lovely old fashioned sewing box is made of teak veneer and is in beautiful condition. I paid $20 and while I was looking at it a lovely old lady was admiring it and saying that she had one in her family, she had 3 sisters and sadly missed out on it as she wasn't the oldest. She told me it was a "beauty" and I should definitely buy it. My 7 year old was only too eager to replace the screws for some new shiny ones and re fit the handle. He now wants it as his tool box.....I think not!



Now.... what to use it for? I'm tempted to use it as a side table for my cuppa and a book or two.

But just look at this storage, both sides look like this and my thread and scissors are calling it......what would you use it for?


These vintage girly sheets were $12 and brand new, starched and pressed. The are way to pretty to cut up, they have already found their way onto Rosa's bed and she loves them.




And this pink, violet and cream wool Aussie made blanket will do the same come winter.


And a little bit of sunshine to add to this dreary Autumn day in Sydney....... 6 happy yellow napkins.

Hope you've had a happy week end, pop over to Sophie's for some other thrifty finds.

14 comments:

  1. I have a similar sewing box!! Of course in mine is all vintage sewing notions which I look at from time to time!! The added legs are a nice touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karlyn that sewing box was an amazing find! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your lovely wooden sewing box is fabulous! Especially, with the new hardware. I love it. What a great find at a steal of a price! Love the vintage sheets too. What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great score, I'd definately use it as a sewing box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sewing box!!!! Love it!!!
    Have you SEEN my latest post?
    Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of these boxes and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, i'm your newest and 50th follower! Love the sewing box. Looks great as a side table1

    ReplyDelete
  8. anything small and square enough in your grand condition sewing box! sewing stuff! arts supplies too... it looks stunning. n♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sewing box is indeed a wonderful find - I'm envious!! Sweet sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO LOVE that box, as I can't, won't, don't sew, if I was the proud owner I would stash clay tags in it, perfect compartments me thinks. Must take a day off and come op shopping with you soon. Going to Thirroul on Thurs you have inspired me to stop buy their great oppy's. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic finds. How good is that box??!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sewing table is AMAZING!!! Such a fabulous find, I would spend hours filling it with delectable sewing notions and pretty things! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds! I have one of those sewing boxes too from an oppie trip and mine is used as... a sewing box, love them!

    ReplyDelete