Saturday, April 17, 2010

Worldly Bunting

While I was in Wagga over Easter I raided my Grandmother's book shelf. I was after an old atlas, she had a beautiful old one with no cover and it was falling apart at the seams. I was hoping it wasn't too sentimental as I wanted to chop it up. The fact that it was in bad condition made it a lot easier to cut up. I love the deep green and orange colours it had. Most atlases I had seen were soft blues and brown and that wouldn't suit the boy's room.

I made paper bunting which I had seen and loved over here. Kelly Doust has some gorgeous paper made things on her blog.

I'm loving how well it goes with the coloured glass windows.


Hint: I used a double layer of paper for extra thickness so they wouldn't curl, sewed them on the machine and used wide bias binding to join them.

7 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Karlyn!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have done a great job marls. i can't wait to see the boys room. it is looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool looks great the boys room looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Karlyn,
    My fingers froze in the typing and I had so many mistakes in my comment I thought I'd start again- very crafty, the maps look beautifual all cut up! Bec xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. They suit the room just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete