Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bibs and Burp Cloths

When my sister asked me to put together a little bundle of goodies for her work colleague leaving to have a baby, I knew just what I'd make. Inspired by bibs and burp cloths over here I set to work, tweaking a bib pattern found online and basically halved fat quarters for the burp cloths. Anyone who has feed a bubba knows just how handy these things are, you need one at every post. I used thrifted chenille for the backing which makes them very absorbent and nice and soft.





Lots of sewing has been happening here this week, more to show soon. Happy week end everyone xxx

5 comments:

  1. What glorious baby goodies. I have been waiting to see what my friend is having so I can get into some baby sewing too. These would make the perfect gift :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Karlyn. I love the prints and the chenille is a really clever idea. I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bibs Karlyn, especially the colours. Such a lovely gift x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love the fabrics!! I had such plans to make this stuff for my baby, but time has whipped by and she is turning into a toddler *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Karlyn and I love the idea of chenille for a backing, it would be lovely and soft. I have a bit of a soft spot for chenille, it reminds me of my grandma:) I've been making bibs and burp cloths too, must be the season for new babies. xo

    ReplyDelete