Friday, August 5, 2011

Progress

It's been measured and ordered, I'll be counting the weeks until our new kitchen is in.





There is a lot of floor work to be done before I get too excited. Yes I have lost my sink and have become accustomed to washing up in the bathtub. Yes I've been staring at a dirt floor for the best part of a week and yes our house smells like a musty, damp garden....but it will all be worth it come mid September.







And I can't say my makeshift kitchen is all that bad.................yes that is an installed dishwasher in the corner with the pipe out the window.....yes I have a handy husband who tries ever so hard to make my life easier.

7 comments:

  1. Oh what fun NOT!! lol but its an adventure you will always remember and arent you lucky to have a handy fella around.I have roughed it too (living in tents and vans) its amazing what we can put up with when we have to. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh a kitchen makeover, how exciting!Must say your temporary kitchen appears to significantly out-bench my regular kitchen( which is also destined for removal I might add). Your husband is a very good man, major kudos for the dishwasher situation. melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say your makeshift kitchen is pretty fab!! I don't envy you the renovations.
    Here's to new kitchens :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the kitchen is the hub of the home, and I'm sure your's will be amazing.....well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Cant wait to see the finished kitchen, bet the kids are loving it though ! - Would have a little chilly a couple of weeks ago with the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pj..so dam handy. So exciting. Cant wait to see the platewall too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic make shift kitchen, I could live with that indefinitely.

    ReplyDelete