I finished Rosa's birdie lampshade today, Using all scraps I cut approximately 1.5 cm strips of any girly fabric I could get my hands on and just started wrapping and wrapping and wrapping. Pretty soon I ended up with this...............the lampshade was thrifted and already a gorgeous shape, now the fabric just makes it all the more prettier. The birdie pattern was found here and is super simple. I also used thin strips and plaited them to make the string to hang the birds from.
And finally a pic of Rosa's room, after all I did name my blog after it and I don't think I have ever shown a full picture of it. Always a work in progress and ever evolving....next up white walls.