Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Op Shop Show Off

My little blog always hangs in the back of my mind and once or twice a week I think that I would like to get back into blogging, then life gets in the way and I move off the idea.

I'd like to do a revamp and modernise things a bit but for now I'll just let you know what I've been up to.

My small business Marly Martha is going really well, at the moment I'm only selling off my Facebook page and through friends and networks. It's keeping me busy enough, I have lots of new ideas and if there were more hours in the day I'm sure I'd come up with many more great creations.  I'm moving onto winter stock and still always hunting the op shops for blankets, table cloths, sheets and doilies. 

Some of my favourite op shop pieces of the last few months are these globes for my boy's room and the mirror for Rosa's room, painted in the brightest of neon orange. The sweet white chair was also was also a great find for only $10.


Pop over to Max's place and see what everyone else is finding.

Hopefully my next post won't be too far away.......



7 comments:

  1. Such gorgeousness, so glad to hear buisness is going well. There isn't a thing here i dont love-but the mirror is outstanding in that colour. Great to hear from you again and have you linking up, have a happy stitchin' week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have missed you here my dear.
    Love all those florals. You have indeed been busy on the sewing front. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to see you back Karlyn! And with such pretty pictures of your gorgeous creations too.
    I love that neon orange mirror. That's what they mean by a pop of colour eh?!
    Btw, I would love to buy one of your dresses (sorry I haven't replied to your email) I'll be in touch soon x

    p.s. don't leave it so long next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is fantastic...I've just had a sundress made from a similar white,mpurple and green floral tht had already been up cycled from a set of sheets to some curtains. I don't think they were ever hung, as the fabric was in mint condition. That quilt is perfect for a little girls room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see you back Karlyn, I've missed seeing all the gorgeous crafty bits you're working on :) Everything above looks wonderful, so glad your little business is taking off x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i cant wait to see you very soon. your creations are wonderful. you inspire me to get sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Beautiful, My my you have been very busy. Those cushions are adorable, the colours are amazing I only wish I had some of your decorating prowess. I got so excited when I saw you had posted something, I've been checking every other day for ages.. Looking forward to reading and seeing some more soon my dear. xoxo

    ReplyDelete