Monday, June 7, 2010

A dress in the making

On Sunday this little poppet is getting Baptised. Given that she is no longer a baby an we don't have a silk gown that has been handed down through the generations, I am on a mission to have a pretty winter dress made that she will love and hopefully wear again. My sister Adrienne, being the dress maker in the family is taking on the task. She is also going to be her God Mother so it's very fitting that she makes it for her.

I have had this cute little Oliver + S pattern sitting at home so I'm thinking the bubble dress or a more traditional long sleeve double breasted style.

At this stage I know it's going to be navy corduroy and feature a snippet of Sandi Henderson apples to match her cute pink shoes. The goods have been express posted and now it is out of my hands.....can't wait to see how it looks.

Thanks Ade x

No comments:

Post a Comment